Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"Me Time"




I am yearning for "me" time. I have been so consumed with everyone and everything else that I am wanting time to do all the things I enjoy doing. I am sitting here daydreaming of cooking a nice fanciful meal, tending to my flowers that look pitiful, sitting and beading or scrapbooking for hours without looking at a clock to hop into the truck to run an errand, work or run someone to practice. To all you other mom's out there......how do you find the time to be you, or should I say figure out you?..





The temperature here in NC has finally dropped out of the 90's and 100's. It is so peaceful sitting out on the porch with a cup of coffee and watching the birds fluttering around and singing their graces. Once I relax, my mind turns back to the thought of work looming at 9:30.





I wish I were a hot air balloon!! Floating up above the craziness of the earth. Maybe in July when we head to NY I can hop aboard one again and float away. It literally takes your breath away. The pictures are from the Wellsville, NY Balloon Festival that I took last year.

2 comments:

The Mom Jen said...

I demand 'me' time for myself each day...it's computer time when the baby naps, and now during the summer, i'm not embarassed to say I let the older kids turn the TV on for an hour.

Luckily my Hubby is awesome and I get girl's nights out a couple times a month!

Fantastic photos!!

Heidi & Bob said...

Awesome pictures! Me time is soooooooo important! Hope to see you when you come to NY in July!! :-)