Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mom Vs. Teenage Son


So he has only been a teenager for a total of 3 months and already I have had enough. Where is the fast forward button? Someone please tell me.... To say the least, over the past few days you can honestly say my son and I have not seen eye to eye. (I guess it is a good thing he still is on the small size.)

Where to begin...lost cellphone (2nd one for the record)..., broken glasses..(2 more weeks before insurance will pay for another pair), talking back or should I say a comment for everything...example "JT, please finish cleaning your room" and JT responds, "why don't you do something", mother then is sent over the edge...


I asked him to give me a list of his grievences. Here they are...
1. No respect
2. Mom taking things too seriously
3. Mom not getting her way so she yells.
4. Not allowing him to do things he likes.
5. Mom finds stupid things to whine about.
6. Being punished or grounded for making mistakes.

I am hoping that this book that I purchased for him will give him some guidance on how to survive the next few years under mom's roof. If anyone has any additional suggestions on raising a teenage son, please pass them on.

2 comments:

hippo chick said...

Hi Dawn,

Maybe your brother can help. LOL

~hippo hugs~
Pam

Tracy said...

Oh, Dawn. I hear ya!! That is my eldest's main complaint, too -- we don't respect her. Brian and I are endlessly telling her she needs to earn it.