Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Cinco de Mayo


I think that Cinco de Mayo has another meaning. It begins the season of craziness.
Us parents have to prepare ourselves for the month of May and early June, which is the end of the school year here in NC. This means final exams and final projects. It is the end of soccer season with tournaments and team picnics. It winds up dance season, which brings about the whirlwind of costumes, pictures, extra rehearsals, technical rehearsals and recitals. Not that I need a reason to enjoy a good Margarita or two.
Pass the chips and salsa please!!!

2 comments:

hippo chick said...

Dawn,

Of course we remember you. You have a brother Shawn, don't you? I think he was maybe a year older than my Paige. Such fun to find you again.

I, too, would have celebrated Cinco de Mayo, but for our weight watchers diet. Alcohol is lots of points, though I still manage a glass of wine on occasion.

Loved your post.

Did you have the Thompsons as teachers?

Dawn said...

Yes, Shawn is my brother, he graduated in 90. He lives in Albany with his wife, Kathy, and his 2 sons.
Are you speaking of Bruce Thompson? If so, I did have him for band, but I didn't have Mrs. Thompson. I believe she started shortly after I graduated. She did begin helping with the musicals as a volunteer because I think she was still at Fairport or Penfield.
Good luck with the weight watchers. I tried it a while back but unfortunately I did not have the will power to stick with it.