Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Writing Is On The Wall


I am so excited!!! I connected yesterday with a friend that I met when I was a counselor at a Girl Scout summer camp in Arkport, NY back in 1990. The majority of the staff was international. I was going through a bin of memory items that I have been hanging on to. I googled her name and she came up right away. (Her first name, Comfort, obviously is not too common). We all had nicknames and hers was "Southern" Comfort. Anyway, I took a chance and placed an email to the most recent address listed.


I firmly believe in the concept of "the writing is on the wall." For Mothers Day my family and I have sponsored a young girl who lives in Central African Republic to help with her needs for survival through our church. It just so happens that my friend Comfort is the deputy director in Africa for the International Centre for International Justice. I firmly believe that this was a sign that we made the right decision to help this young girl.

No comments: